Programme Code: R/010/3/0276 (A10604) 07/19
Duration: 1 Year
Main Intakes: January, May and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
This programme give students a strong foundation in the field of computer science and information technology, providing pathways to continue their studies in those two fields. Students are exposed to various subjects in hardware, software, PC maintenance and basic operating systems.
Students who complete their programme may join the industry at entry level or proceed to furthering their studies, in which they would then be able to work as system support executives or analytical programmers under the guidance of system administrators or software engineers.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics; OR
- O-Level: Pass or its equivalent with minimum Grade C in 5 subjects including Mathematics; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- Band 5.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Academic Communicative English 1
- Mathematics 1
- Programming 1
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Co-curriculum 1
- Co-curriculum 2
- Academic Communicative English 2
- Mathematics 2
- Programming 2
- Introduction to Economics
- Website Development
- Technical English
- Computing Mathematics
- Critical Thinking
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Multimedia Principles