Programme Code:R/010/3/0281(A10603) 08/19
Duration: 1 Year
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
This program is internally devised to prepare students for either the professional working environment or as a foundation for further studies. Combining knowledge of the construction world and technical skills, this foundation forms a strong base for specialized tertiary degrees.
The course combines both theory and practice aspects of the related elds within the construction industry. Students will gradually be exposed to the basic trades and the various engineering aspects of construction in order to establish a strong foundation both in their career and educational advancement.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with minimum 5 credits including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English: OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English: OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 5 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English: OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) minimum Band 3.
AND Students must pass:
- Academic Communicative English 1
- Mathematics 1
- Computer Applications
- Construction Material
- Introduction to Building Economics
- Co-curriculum 1
- Academic Communicative English 2
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics 2
- Architectural Drafting
- Elements of Building Construction
- Co-curriculum 2
- Technical English
- Elements of Measurement
- Building Services
- Integrated Design
- Introduction to Built Environment