Programme Code: R/526/4/0015 (FA4751) 11/17
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
Professional Quantity Surveyors are of high demand in contracting companies both in the government and private sector, in insurance and nancial institutions and in property development. Their expertise is highly sort after even in the academic field.
This programme is considered a specialised programme and oers students the opportunity to gain the skills and qualications necessary to become a Technical Quantity Surveyor. Skills taught include: drawing analysis and specications, labour and material utilisation, quantifying and scheduling, administration of estimates, pricing of trades, preparing tenders, managing progress payments, and preparation of the final account.
This programme has good employment prospects within Malaysia and internationally. Generally, graduates may either choose to pursue a degree upon completion of Diploma or seek employment as assistant Quantity Surveyors for contract companies with a private agency or with the government.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject; OR
- Certicate in related eld: Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.0 and pass in Mathematics at SPM or its equivalent level; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- Band 5.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Academic Communicative English 1
- Mathematics 1
- Computer Applications
- Construction Material
- Academic Communicative English 2
- Mathematics 2
- Architectural Drafting
- Elements of Building Construction
- Elements of Measurement
- Introduction to Technology
- Analytical Methods
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Measurement A
- Law & Contract
- Technology A
- Site Survey Procedures
- Construction Economics
- Tendering and Estimating
- Contractual Procedures
- Measurement B
- Technology B
- IT Application (QS Software)
- Project Management
- Measurement for Civil Engineering Works
- Practical Training
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).