Programme Code: R2/521/4/0025 (A8114) 05/22
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
Graduates are qualified to be mechanical engineering technicians in various industries such as manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection and maintenance.
This programme examines the basic areas of mechanical engineering, design, materials and manufacturing technology, and aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge required for a career as a mechanical engineering technician. Specific areas of studies include engineering principles, mathematics, computing, environmental engineering, and material-science engineering.
In addition, students will undergo an industrial training which will ideally expose them to work-based projects, giving them the chance to achieve problem solving skills in an industrial setting.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical / vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical / vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical / vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- Certificate in Vocational and Technical/Skill or its equivalent with Level 3, MQF: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00 and 1 year experince in a relevant field or 1 semester of Enhanced programme; OR
- Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology (Level 3, MQF): Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- Band 5.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Academic Communicative English 1
- Mathematics 1
- Computer Applications
- Principles of Physics
- Academic Communicative English 2
- Mathematics 2
- Programming with MATLAB
- Materials Science
- Engineering Drawing
- Advanced Computer Aided Design Techniques
- Mathematics 3
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Materials Engineering
- Workshop Practice
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Manufacturing Process
- Machine Elements Design
- Heat Transfer and Combustion
- Control Systems and Automation
- Mechatronic Systems Principles
- Industrial Training
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).