N/521/6/0120 (PA7577) 09/20
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, May and September
Awarding Body: University of Bolton,UK
Mechanical Engineer, Quality Engineer, Design Engineer, R&D Engineer, Production Engineer, Industrial Engineer or Academician
The BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme equips students with the skills and knowledge for a career in the mechanical engineering profession – a profession that is essential in so many areas of the modern world, including design and manufacturing, construction, energy, environment, and automobile.
Throughout the programme, students will develop managerial, organisational and employability skills alongside subject-specific knowledge and understanding. Studies will focus on particular areas of engineering such as mechanical design, system engineering, analysis of materials and structures, and the theory and application of finite element analysis.
Graduates from this programme are not eligible to register for professional membership with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- STPM / A-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and Physical Science subject and a pass in English; OR
- Matriculation/ Foundation or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- Diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- Malaysian University EnglishTest (MUET) with a minimum of BAND 2; OR
- IELTS with a minimum band of 6.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 (213 for CBE; 80 for IBE); OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (56-60 overall with a minimum of 51 and above in each component); OR
- Password Integrated Skills Test conducted by Leeds Beckett University and Institut Teknologi Pertama; OR
- Band 6.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Projects and Systems
- Graphical Communication and Computer Modelling
- Engineering Principles 1
- Projects and Systems (Continue)
- Engineering Principles 2
- Academic Skills
- Engineering Environment
- Engineering Analysis and Design using Software
- Engineering Applications
- Mechanics of Materials and Machines
- Engineering Modelling and Analysis
- Engineering Applications (Continue)
- Thermouids and Control Systems
- Automobile/Mechanical Design
- Research Methodology
- Industrial Training
- Design and Individual Project
- Advanced Materials and Structures
- Advanced Thermouids and Control Systems
- Design and Individual Project (Continue)
- Finite Element and Dierence Solutions
- Management and Enterprise in Engineering
- Professional Ethics
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).