N/523/6/0284 (PA8231) 07/21
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, May and September
Awarding Body: Leeds Beckett University, UK
Field Test Engineer, Sales Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Electronics/ Electrical Engineer, Research Engineer, Design & Development Engineer, Quality Production & Systems Engineer, Program Control Engineer etc.
This programme is designed to focus on the technologies reqired for the future needs of the fast-paced world in communications, instrumentations, and many more. Electrical and Electronic Engineers are involved in technology advances that cover the fields of e-commerce, mobile telephones, wireless communications, renewable energy and the Internet. This degree programme provides students with a broad range of skills relating to all aspects of the design of electronic systems and devices. It combines coursework in different aspects of electrical and electronic engineering, as well as individual and group project work. Our students are taught to design and build innovative electronic systems through our solid technological base programme structure from which a career in electrical and electronic engineering can be hurled, along with the basic skills needed to sustain professional development throughout the graduate’s career.
Graduates from this programme are not eligible to register for professional membership with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- STPM / A-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent level; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English; OR
- Matriculation / Foundation or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent level; OR
- Diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Diploma in Vocational / Technical / Skills or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 2; OR
- IELTS with a minimum band of 6.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 (213 for CBE; 80 for IBE); OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (56-60 overall with a minimum of 51 and above in each component); OR
- Password Integrated Skills Test conducted by Leeds Beckett University and Institut Teknologi Pertama; OR
- Band 6.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Digital Electronics
- Engineering Systems and Data Acquisition
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Design Project
- Computers in Engineering
- Mathematical Modelling and Simulation
- Circuit Analysis
- Academic Skills
- Analogue Electronics
- Communication Systems Applications
- Signals and Systems
- Research and Analysis Project
- Embedded Systems
- Instrumentation and Control
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- Industrial Training (For Malaysian Students Only)
- Research Methodology (For Overseas Students Only) #
- Economics Analysis for Decision Making (For Overseas Students Only) #
- Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Device Applications
- Production Project
- Control Engineering Systems Design
- Elective Module*
- Professional Ethics
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).