Programme Code: N/345/6/0639 (PA4727) 08/19
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, May and September
Awarding Body: Leeds Beckett University, UK
Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting and Finance Manager, Sales Manager, Manager, Audit Assistant, Finance Controller, Cost & Works Accountant
The Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Finance prepares graduates to be the backbone of any organization's finance department. Students at ITP learn to organize financial operations with the highest degree of accuracy while gaining vital skills in communication, problem-solving and analysis. In addition to that, this programme strikes a fine balance between theoretical study practical work, giving students the confidence needed to embark on a career as a professional in this field.
An accounting background is not a necessary a prerequisite for the programme as first year students will be taught the fundamentals of accounting and related subjects, subsequently followed by modules with elements of independent research ans self-learning, refining their attention to details for financial palnning along the way.
- STPM / A-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) in any two subjects, and credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and a pass in English; OR
- Matriculation/ Foundation or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.50 and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent.
- STAM: Pass Level Jayyid with a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 6.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550; OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (56-60 overall with a minimum of 51 and above in each component)
AND Students must pass:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Business Context
- Data Analysis for Finance
- Introduction to Financial Statement Preparation
- Corporate and Business Law
- Management Accounting
- Academic Skills
- IT for Accountants
- Dealing with Accounting Adjustment
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Producing/Interpreting Group Financial Statements
- Elective Module 1*
- Principles of Marketing
- Management Information Technology
- Strategic Planning and Control
- Advanced Financial Management
- Elective Module 2*
- Accounting Issues
- Corporate Taxation, eory and Practice
- Audit and Assurance
- Practical Training or Project
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).