Programme Code: N/526/6/0081 (PA4780) 08/19
Duration: 3 Years
Main Intakes: January, May and September
Awarding Body: Leeds Beckett University, UK
Project Engineer, Consultant Designer, Project Manager, R & D Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Highway Engineer, Structural Engineer, Water & Environmental Engineer, Transport Planner, etc.
Civil engineers are the ones who design, build and maintain societies and public works – from roadways to bridges and buildings to transport networks. ey are the brains behind the world’s largest development of infrastructural projects.As a multi-disciplinary profession, the civil engineering programme spreads across the curriculum of architecture, mathematics, hydraulics, mechanics, geo-technics, and environmental
science. Our extensive and comprehensive programme produces graduates that are capable of applying the knowledge from these areas of expertise collectively into practical works. is programme gives our students a solid foundation in each discipline, allowing them to be capable of adopting solutions to the needs of the real-world and simultaneously developing the skills required for success.
Graduates from this programme are not eligible to register for professional membership with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- STPM / A-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and Physical Science subject and a pass in English; OR
- Matriculation/ Foundation or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject; OR
- Diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Recognized Diploma in Vocational and Technical/ Skill: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 6.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 (213 for CBE; 80 for IBE); OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (56-60 overall with a minimum of 51 and above in each component); OR
- Password Integrated Skills Test conducted by Leeds Beckett University and Institut Teknologi Pertama; OR
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 2; OR
- Band 6.0 in IELTS Equivalent Test conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Surveying A and CAD
- Civil Engineering Management A
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Materials Science
- Engineering Mechanics
- Civil Engineering Project
- Academic Skills
- Statics and Dynamics
- Highway Engineering A
- Geotechnical Engineering A
- Structural Design
- Civil Engineering Management B
- Engineering Materials Technology
- Elective Module 1*
- Professional Ethics
- Environmental Engineering
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Hydraulics and Water Engineering
- Project Development
- Elective Module 2*
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making (continue)
- Hydraulics and Water Engineering (continue)
- Project Design
- Elective Module 3*
- Industrial Training
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).