R/481/3/0533 (A9908) 07/19
Duration: 1.5 Year
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
The aim of this programme is to provide students with the basic knowledge of principles in computer systems and information technology, while incorporating practical skills to troubleshoot hardware and networking issues, and develop simple web pages that will support the industry’s needs.
The programme is designed for individuals wishing to pursue a career as a technician/system support assistant in the Information Technology Industry, one who can assist t he s ystem d evelopment te am an d ap plication users and trobleshoot issues by employing the basic fundamentals of information systems effectively for managing business organisations.
- SPM / SPMV / GCE ‘O’ Level: Pass SPM with minimum credit in any 1 subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- UEC: Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in any 1 subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass O-Level with minimum Grade C in any 1 subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- SKM: Pass SKM (Level 2) in related eld and pass at SPM including a pass in Mathematics; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- IELTS equivalent conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Basic Mathematics
- Introduction to Programming Language
- Academic Communicative English
- Basics of Web Programming
- Introduction to Computer Networks
- Computer Maintenance
- Study Skills
- Advanced Programming
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Principles of Computer Architecture
- PC Environment
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).