R/345/3/0519 (A9909) 05/19
Duration: 1 Year 4 Months
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
The Certificate in Business Management programme is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of the business world. This will ensure at the completion of the certificate programme, that students are able to proceed futher into the Diploma or Bachelor in Business Management. Students will be taught on the technical and conceptual skills necessary to visualize and execute business ideas that will allow them to contribute to the needs of the business industry.
- SPM: Pass SPM with minimum credit in any 1 subject; OR
- UEC: Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in any 1 subject; OR
- O-Level Pass O-Level with minimum Grade C in any 1 subject; OR
- SKM (Level 2) in related eld: Pass SKM (Level 2) in related eld and pass at SPM; OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119); OR
- IELTS equivalent conducted by Institut Teknologi Pertama.
AND Students must pass:
- Fundamental English 1
- Introduction to Business
- Microcomputer Applications
- Accounting 1
- Fundamental English 2
- Basic Microeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Basic Business Mathematics
- Legal Framework
- Accounting 2
- Introduction to Finance
- Study Skills
- Basic Business Statistics
- Principles of E-Commerce
- Principles of Marketing
- Basic Macroeconomics
- Critical Thinking
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).