R/526/3/0061 (A1671) 05/19
Duration: 1 Year 4 Months
Main Intakes: January, June and September
Awarding Body: Institut Teknologi Pertama
This program is internally devised to prepare students for either the professional working environment or as a foundation for further studies. Combining knowledge of the construction world and technical skills, this foundation forms a strong base for specialized tertiary degrees.
The course combines both theory and practice aspects of the related elds within the construction industry. Students will gradually be exposed to the basic trades and the various engineering aspects of construction in order to establish a strong foundation both in their career and educational advancement.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass SPM with a minimum credit in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- UEC: Pass UEC with a minimum Grade B in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass O-Level with a minimum Grade C in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- SKM in related field: Pass SKM in related eld and a pass at SPM including a pass in Mathematics or a pass at SPM and a pass in Enhanced Mathematics (for those candidates failed in Mathematics at SPM); OR
- Other equivalent qualications recognized by Malaysian Government.
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119)
AND Students must pass:
- The Environmental Design
- Academic Communicative English
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Building Technology
- Introduction to Computer Aided System (CAD)
- Building Construction
- Building Services
- Construction Economics
- Study Skills
- Technical Drawing
- Building Materials
- Structural Theory
- Site Surveying
- Construction Safety
As stated in the Circular from Ministry of Education No. 2/2013 with reference number JPT/GS1000-606Jld.1(25), all new students who enroll into any programme in any private institution after 01 September 2013 are required to complete and pass all the required General Studies Modules / Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU).