How to apply
Applying to Institut Teknologi Pertama is easy!
Malaysian students are required to read the rules and guidelines to ensure all the information is complete and accurate at the time of application. There are 4 steps to the application:
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +606-758 7888 (Ext: 2028/1143) to make an enquiry and status-check on your eligibility for the programme you are applying.
Complete the Student Admission Form with the following supporting documents and email them to email@example.com:
- ONE photocopy of Identity Card/ MyKad
- ONE passport size photograph
- ONE photocopy of Birth Certificate
- ONE certified photocopy of academic results & certificates eg SPM/ STPM/ A-Levels/ O-Levels/ SAM/ UEC/ others
- ONE photocopy of school leaving certificate
- A payment of RM600 for Registration fee (bank-in slip)
|Account Name||ITP SDN BHD|
|Bank Name:||Hong Leong Bank Berhad|
|Bank Address:||No. 69 – 71, Jalan Dato’ Bandar Tunggal, 70000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Darul Khusus, Malaysia|
- Please email the bank-in slip or online transaction receipt as the proof of payment.
- Kindly include the student’s name, Identity Card/ MyKad number, contact number and programme enrolled to the Institution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A LETTER OF ADMISSION will be sent upon receiving the completed documents mentioned above along with the payment.
Understudies may walk-in or call the Institute representative for enrollment.
Students from East Malaysia (Sabah/Sarawak) are required to inform the Institute representative SEVEN (7) working days prior to the arrival date at the campus for logistics arrangements to be made by our Affairs Department.
All international students are required to read the rules and guidelines to ensure that all the information is complete and accurate. There are seven (7) basic steps within three (3) stages to the student’s admission process:
Stage 1 - Admission Processing
Step A: Submission of Admission Documents
Upon acceptance of the offer, you will need to make the Pre –Arrival Application Processing Fee payment amounting to RM 4,350.00 (estimated equivalent to USD 1450.00) and provide the documents stated below for Student Visa processing.
- The International Student Pre-Arrival Application Fee of RM 4,350.00 (approx USD 1450.00).
- 5 Passport-sized photographs with blue background (3.5cm x 5cm). The photos must meet the requirements set by Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS).
- Copy of the International Passport in colour (ALL pages including back and cover pages). The passport must be valid for at least 18 months from your expected date of entry into Malaysia.
- Certified copy of academic certificates by the issuing institution or by a Commissioner of Oaths, Public Solicitor or lawyer.
- Please ensure that the name and date of birth indicated in the academic transcripts/certificates are identical to the passport details.
- If the language of the academic transcript/certificate is not in English, we will require the student to submit the certified translated copies together with the original copies for the visa processing.
- Pre-Arrival Medical Screening – must be completed by a registered clinic/ hospital in the home country and attached with Laboratory reports.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (Only applicable to students from Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Eligibility Letter: for Nigerian passport holders only. To be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education or Nigerian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC). Only applicable to students from Sub-Saharan Africa
Additional Documents for Transfer Students
If you have previously studied in another higher education institution (college or university level) in Malaysia, these additional documents are required:
- Cancellation of Visa & Release Letter (from previous University/College/School).
- Educational Certificates and Attendance Report (must be at least CGPA ≥ 2.0 and 80%+ attendance).
- Exit Stamp copy (Exit Stamp is the Malaysian Immigration Stamp on your Passport when you exit Malaysia.)
Step B: Acceptance of Admission Letter
Upon receiving the acceptance letter from the student with the required documents and payments, the University’s visa department will submit the student’s documents to EMGS for visa processing, in order to obtain the student’s Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from Immigration.
Stage 2 - Student Visa Processing
Step C: Student Visa Processing By Education Malaysia Global Service (EMGS)
As soon as the completed documents for the student visa processing is received, the Visa department will process and submit all the required documents to the EMGS. This process will take 1 to 2 weeks. All student visas will be tracked through an e-tracking system provided by EMGS. In the event of a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) being rejected, a reason will be given to indicate either due to unclear documents or lack of authenticity and the student will be contacted to provide the required documents.
Students are required to provide their current phone number and email address for prompt and effective communication and correspondence, during the admission application and visa processing.
This visa processing by EMGS would take 4 – 6 weeks for document verification. As soon as the EMGS approves, the application status will indicate 70% completed and the application will then be submitted to the Immigration Department for the issuance of Visa Approval Letter (VAL). As soon as the VAL is approved, the application status will indicate 100% with a note "Ready for collection by the Institute representative". The Institute representative will then collect the original copies from the immigration department.
For the information updates with regards to the student visa processing by EMGS, please visit this link.
Applicants are required to remain outside of Malaysia while the visa processing is in progress. The entry with Visit Visa concurrently during the visa processing could result in rejection of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
Step D: Visa Approval Letter (VAL) By Immigration
Upon the approval of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL), the college will contact the student via email and phone before the original Letter of Admission (LOA) and Visa Approval Letter (VAL) is sent via courier to the student’s address as indicated in the International Admission Form. Once the documents are received, the student will submit the documents to the Malaysian Embassy in their home country to obtain a Single Entry Visa (SEV) before coming to Malaysia for studies. The sample of VAL is shown below and Institut Teknologi Pertama welcomes you to our fraternity.
Stage 3 - Student Arrival
Step E: Pre-Arrival Briefing before Departure to Malaysia
Before student departs from home country, please ensure that the letter of admission and other pre-arrival guidelines and requirements are previewed and fully understood. Please also make sure that all the required documentations that are meant to be presented at the airport upon arrival are retrievable in your hand luggage such as the passport, health certificates, student Visa Approval letter (VAL), Offer Letter and visas, etc. for the immigration clearance. As stated above, the student's passport must be valid at least for the duration of 18 months before departure.
Students with VAL approval, except those from the countries listed in the following tables (updated as of 1st January 2015), must secure a Single Entry Visa (SEV) for the purpose of studying from their home country to enter into Malaysia. The institute representative MUST be available at the airport to facilitate the student’s clearance before their entry into Malaysia. Please take note: tourist and visit pass CANNOT be converted to student visa while being in Malaysia.
STUDENTS FROM THE FOLLOWING NON VISA REQUIRED COUNTRIES CAN ENTER MALAYSIA WITHOUT THE SINGLE ENTRY VISA (SEV) BUT WITH THE FACILITATION OF THE INSTITUTE REPRESENTATIVE. STUDENTS MUST PRODUCE THE ‘VISA APPROVAL LETTER’ (VAL) UPON ENTRY.
- ANTIGUA & BERMUDA
- KIRIBATI GILBERT ISL
- NEW ZEALAND
- PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- SOLOMON ISLAND
- SOUTH AFRICA
- ST KITTS & NEVIS
- ST LUCIA
- ST MARINO
- ST VINCENT GRENADINE
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- UNITED KINGDOM
- WESTERN SAMOA
STUDENTS FROM THE FOLLOWING VISA REQUIRED COUNTRIES CAN ENTER MALAYSIA WITHOUT THE SINGLE ENTRY VISA (SEV) AND WITH THE FACILITATION OF THE INSTITUTE REPRESENTATIVE. STUDENTS MUST PRODUCE THE ‘VISA APPROVAL LETTER’ (VAL) UPON ENTRY.
- BURKINA FASO
- CAPE VERDE
- CENTRAL AFRICAN REP
- CONGO DEMO. REP
- CONGO REPUBLIC
- COSTA RICA
- EL SALVADOR
- EQUAT. GUINEA
- IVORY COAST
- KYRGYZ REPUBLIC
- MACAO SAR
- SAO TOME & PRINCIPE
- UNITED NATIONS
- UPPER VOLTA
- VATICAN CITY
- WESTERN SAHARA
However, if your country is not listed in the above table / tables, you are required to obtain a single entry visa (SEV) from the Malaysia High Commission in your home country before you travel to Malaysia.
You are advised to proceed to the nearest local Malaysian Diplomatic Mission (i.e. Malaysian High Commission or Consulate); and provide the Visa Approval Letter together with other required documents to obtain your Single-Entry Visa (SEV) and it will issued on your passport with the Student Pass Approval Letter “Reference Number” [BVP/STU/XXXXX/XXXXXXXX]. The VAL is usually valid for three months from the date of issuance and the student must arrive in Malaysia one month prior to the expiration of the VAL.
Students are required to notify and provide us with the flight itinerary at least seven (7) working days prior to their arrival in Malaysia and this will help to facilitate and expedite the airport pick-up, immigration clearance and accommodation arrangements. Upon arrival, the student will be given the Institut Teknologi Pertama handbook, containing all the required information needed within the campus to boost our student’s commitment towards their academic journey.
Step G: Medical Screening
You will need to undergo a Medical Check-up at the EMGS appointed Clinics within 7 days of your arrival to Malaysia. Please meet our staff at the International Office and they will facilitate the arrangements for the medical screening. Once the medical check-up is completed, please hand over your passport & medical check-up slip to our staff at the international office. Your Medical Result will be ready within 4-5 days, and only then can your passport be submitted to the immigration for a one year endorsement of student visa.